Tuesday, January 10, 2012

trust

Why is it more difficult to rest in God's goodness for the big things than the little things? Like, when it comes to my relationship status, my health, my job, my living situation... it's easy to say God's in control of whatever was, is, or will happen to me and so I don't need to fret over it. These usually feel like "big things."

Somehow my car seems like a little thing.

I mean, I HAVE one, currently. They're everywhere. They can be bought with money (unlike health, relationships, jobs, etc). But having to buy a new one is full of problems - will my old one die before I find one? Will the new one die before I've gotten it home? Will it be a huge disappointment and a bigger waste of money? Who can I trust?

I suppose maybe it's hard to imagine Him caring about the "little things" we care about. But the fact of the matter is, His control and care is not directly proportional to the size of the danger.

No comments: