Saturday, January 5, 2008

I need moar internets!!

"Didn't I just see you online?"
"Yes, but I wasn't home. I'm frequenting coffee shops these days."

So I went to initiation on Thursday and was told that I'd get orientation on Friday and start massaging on Saturday. Then I went home and the called me, saying, "Sabrina can't come in tomorrow. Can you come in earlier and cover three massages for her and get in some orientation training in between massages?" So instead of working 3-6:45, I was there at 10:30 and we didn't get out of our "Spa Ritual" meeting till 7:15, LOL. I wasn't expecting to be completely spent afterwards, but I definitely skipped care group and was asleep (after foot pads and five pills of varying sleep vitamins) before nine. Hadn't slept much the last two nights, so this was a very good thing.

Day two was intense, today. Woke up at 6-something (not so early when you think about when I went to bed ;)) and got breakfast at a shop up the road from work. There at 8:15 to gave four one-hour and two 30 minute massages. O_O Stacy (my boss) wanted us all to come to Frankie's Fun Park (video arcade, putt putt, laser tag, etc., for you non-SC readers) and dinner as a team tonight. Don't know if she would have fronted the bills or not, but I really couldn't be around people any more, nice as they are. Sorry.

They really are an awesome group of folks. Mostly girls, of course... I can only think of two guys - one in massage and one in hair. But we're all a team - no "massage clique" vs. "nail tech clique" or such nonsense. We're all in it together and everyone's got such a good, positive attitude. We love what we're doing and we love the people we're serving. It's like... the way service should be EVERYwhere... but few are willing to go that extra mile. Our motto is something like, "We're the only ones who do what we do the way that we do it," or something like that. And it sounds a bit stuck up, but I bet it's the truth. I'm so pleased to be working with them. When dad asked if the business was a good place to be, I said, "Yeah, they're great. I don't know if I'M good enough for THEM, but I'm glad to be here!"

I've gotten good feedback so far. I don't know what "bad feedback" there may have been thought but not voiced, but the impression I'm getting is that I'm doing okay. Also, the tips are included by credit card or cash and the cash is handed out at the end of the day (credit is included in your paycheck, which is biweekly). So I got "paid" today, as two of my clients used cash. Very exciting.

My schedule is something like as follows:
Sunday: CLOSED
Monday: 11-5
Tuesday: 2-8
Wednesday: 9-3
Thursday: OFF!
Friday: 9-6
Saturday: 9-6
I think I might really like having two mini-weeks and weekends per week, but we'll see.

Okay, there's more, but this is long enough already. ;) Will be in Cola for a bit tomorrow. Love to all....

2 comments:

Rina said...

Oh. Sounds like you are doing really well. I miss you a lot. I wish I would have been in town when you were here today. Love you.

Ashley said...

I love you friend. *hugs*