Monday, January 14, 2008

still here

I've been thinking about a lot of different things, but for some reason I haven't been able to write about them. I think I need to warm up to my computer before I can say anything of emotional significance to it... and I've not had internet long enough in one sitting to do that yet. I've been able to make a connection today, though - somebody nearby who isn't protecting their access. I have to reconnect every five minutes or so, and it usually takes me another five minutes to get it to have a solid connection... you get the idea.

It's always interesting to me when I have those, "God really DID know what He was talking about!" moments. Like with this new job. "Love your neighbor as yourself. Go the extra mile. Serve others before you." It's not a natural mindset. We like to cut corners, take the easy way out, look out for ourselves. By and large, though, that is simply not the overarching mentality at The Spa at West End. Not because they're a Christian establishment, but because it works. It's what people respond to. It's love. It's the way we were supposed to treat each other and when you make that click, it's like everything falls into place and makes sense. It's like a little bit of heaven.

I'm working on a timeline of my life for the last couple of months. I want to be able to see at a glance just how quickly everything fell into place here... how quickly GOD put the pieces together. I still can't believe all that's happened.

Daniel finally came by and installed the shelf for my closet so I could hang my clothes up and store stuff in there. He didn't paint the walls though, so I pushed the furniture back again. If he doesn't care, that's fine with me. I just wanted him to be able to fix his house the way he wanted it.... BUT! I can organize my room now! Maybe Thursday I'll install the shelf on the wall above my desk for my speakers... I think that's the last big thing I have left to do. Except for that little bookshelf I brought from VA. It doesn't assemble just any old way - it was handmade and I can't figure out how it goes together. *slaps forehead* Pictures of the place and my beloved kitty to come soon, I swear! :-/

I went to the funeral of the sister of one of my very dearest and best friends last week. It was sobering and it made me think really hard. Then I texted my brother and told him I loved him.

Guys, I'm so excited about art classes. Seriously. You don't understand. Ohmygosh. And I have my first project due on Wednesday and I don't have time to do it. This makes me angry. This is pride - that I know I'm not the worst artist in there - some of them don't even claim to be artists! But I'm worried that I won't put out a good product because I'm spending so much of my time these days working. My weird schedule throws me off at home - I just need to get into a routine and use the time I have when I have it rather than freaking out that I don't have time when I feel like I should.

I went to Denny's tonight. I think it was a bad idea... Denny's often is.

Okay. I'm going to put on part three of Atlas Shrugged (W000000T) and see if I can get some work done on this project before I pass out for the night. Luv n hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! for being excited about art classes. Yeah, when God wants stuff to happen.....it does!!!! (Don't you just wish He would make it like that all the times? That's what faith is about though - believing in what you CAN'T see.) Love you.