I got to the top and found myself walking in a winter wonderland, as it's been cold enough to keep the snow up there. Positively beautiful. See?
Keeping busy. Don't have class tomorrow night due to the holiday, but I do have work. I was supposed to get my first paycheck (for all of one day! woo hoo...) on Friday, but they forgot it and I'll get it tomorrow. In two weeks I'll be able to see how much I'm actually making. In the meantime, I have another week's worth of cash tips to tide me over... unfortunately they're already almost gone, hehe.
Really tired... will try to write something real, soon, but no promises. In the meantime, we have this posted in our break room at work:
Love... in the eyes of a 4-8 year old.
- Love is what makes you smile when you're tired. Terri - 4
- When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth. Billy - 4
- Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French frieds without making them give you any of theirs. Chrissy - 6
- When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her tonails any more. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love. Rebecca - 8
- Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other. Kari - 5
- During my piano recital, I was on a astage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my Daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared any more. Cindy - 8
- Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford. Chris - 7
- Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day. Mary Ann - 4
- Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Bobby - 7
- If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate. Nikka - 6
- You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget. Jessica - 8
- Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross. Mark - 6
- I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones. Lauren - 4
- When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. Karen - 7
- Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well. Tommy - 6
- My Mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night. Clare - 6
- Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day. Noelle - 7
- Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my Daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him to make sure the taste is ok. Danny - 7
- Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the last piece of chicken. Elaine - 5
- Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.