Saturday, February 28, 2009

Some things just don't change.

Without actually counting heads, I'd guess that 2/3 to 3/4 of the group are folks that were still at the Spa when I left. Which is nice - familiarity is a plus, and everybody there was so excited to see me. It felt like coming home. A home where most of the children love each other dearly, but the parents are exasperating.

Reiner and Leah are the only massage therapists that I know. Then you have Chet... and another guy I think, but I haven't met him yet. And they said another guy is supposed to be coming on the team right around the same time I am. Dude. That's a HIGH guy-to-girl ratio, especially in this field. We only ever had Reiner the whole five months I was there before!

Everything seemed just as haphazard as before, just as busy, the same snide, negative remarks about the Spa, the same aches and pains and complaints. The same drama. *shrugs* I was going to keep my eyes open for things to be better, but I wasn't really expecting anything. The new hydro tub that they supposedly purchased last spring was never installed. Neither was the new massage table. I did see a new knee bolster, that was exciting. And they have Tiger Balm in every room for us to use, free of charge.

I missed a call while I was at the gym this morning, taking advantage of the fact that they told me I didn't have to come in till noon. It was the Spa, asking if I could come in early today. How kind of them, to try to give me a chance to make more money. *sigh* Jessica is making a concentrated effort to be positive.

Leah pulled me aside and said, "Nothing has changed. Don't listen to them; you haven't missed a thing." But I've changed. And maybe a different attitude can bring change. I'll keep trying. And I'll keep you posted.

No comments: