Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Design project 3

The assignment: choose a shape (here, a leaf) and repeat it three times in three segments of a piece, placed in exactly the same spot each time. In the first segment, it should be dominant. In the second, subordinate. In the third, implying movement.

I showed her my sketch in class last night... and I don't know what she thought of it. She looked, then hunched over it, leaning her chin in her hand. She said something vague about it being interesting or good and suggested that I not place the table and window so stagnantly. I should have thought of that and changed the table that night... but I'd already glued down the window. -_- But did she like it and didn't want to get excited? Did she think it was horrible but didn't want to make me upset twice in a row? Somehow I don't think so... she seems pretty honest. I just don't know. Anyway.

Don't look too closely... I did a sloppy job with the Paint editing after trying to scan it in. Don't get me wrong, I really am SO grateful to have this scanner... it's just that everything I'm scanning lately is too big for it, LOL.


Project 4! So... I forgot my tool box and paper when I left the house for work yesterday with just my bag for class and was unable to work on project three in class, so I took a look at project four. The assignment: incorporate figure-ground reversal, 3 implied shapes, and implied forms with a clearly 3-dimensional look. Now... my favorite style of art is implied, yes? (see above... it started off as a doodle that I finished off because it was fun) Forcing the viewer's eye to complete unfinished lines, read what you didn't spell out specifically.

I've got a fun idea for this, heh heh heh.

No comments: