Thursday, February 21, 2008

drugs.

I went to Doctor's Care today. I told them I don't sleep and all the various elements that could be contributing to this fact... being sure to note that it's been a lifelong problem, to some degree or another. I felt like the doctor I saw was very intelligent and wasn't looking just to give me a pat answer... still, he sent me out with a familiar prescription and I filled it immediately.


AMBIEN CR

They may not be happy pills, but they're gonna make ME happy....

But really. What's the cause? Is it anxiety? Stress? I don't think it's my eating or exercise habits - I wondered about that at first but altering them hasn't made any notable difference. Depression? No, not this time, not other than the blues I get from total exhaustion. New job? But after a month and a half? Promotions or changes in relationships? Don't think so. And they said all my insides (heart rate, blood pressure, etc.) are in good working order. I don't smoke and I don't drink enough to make this kind of difference. I've tried melatonin and other natural sleep aids. I've tried drinking alcohol before bed. I've tried taking a bath before bed. Bedtime tea. Staying up late. Going to bed early. All of them are hit-and-miss. I mean, there's so much going on in my life right now, so many variables, but I don't know which if any of them are causing this turmoil.

No comments: