Monday, March 3, 2008

Design project 6


Choose a photograph, preferably one you took yourself, that has a lot of contrast, detail, and texture. Trace the basic outline (I drew it... and it shows. boo.) and then recreate the image using a Uniball (ink) pen via varying styles of lines. You must also incorporate the use of detail and economy of lines - either lots of lines on one side and as few as possible on the other, or that same principle but radiating toward the middle, or corner to corner, etc.

Holy crap, man, I had no idea this would be so difficult. I'm okay with the end product, but geez. I have a whole new appreciation for people who do this sort of work all the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - just......WOW!!!!! That has crazy visual impact! If'n ya wanna do some more stuff like that, I'd like to see :)