Monday, March 24, 2008

Massage Lessons!

(heretofore referred to as "ML")

I have a lot of time to think about things at my job. It's kind of like a dance, maybe... once you know the steps, you don't have to think about what your feet are doing - you just dance and your mind can wander. Maybe I shouldn't be like that, but regardless....

So I think about things. I think about life as it relates to the people I work with, the experiences I have, the worldly lifestyle versus the God-centered lifestyle, you get the idea. I'll get to those shortly.

Meanwhile, I've just recently arrived home from a weekend at the farm (w00t) and am rather tired... yet in need of a good workout, as this will be a long week. I have a lot of work to do to prep for next week of classes (this is spring break for us this week, yay!) ... and we're down another therapist at work. Yeah. There were 7 employed at the spa when I arrived in January, including myself. Since then, two others have been brought in, four have quit, one went to part-time, and the newest one was let go this week. So we're essentially down to 3.5 therapists. >_< And to make up for the one we lost, they asked if I could come in on Thursday and get next Wednesday off.

I should have said no. I literally started crying on Saturday for fear that the muscles in my hand were going to collapse in the middle of a massage. I'm still hurting tonight.

I have my 90 day evaluation tomorrow at 1pm. They told me not to worry - I'm excellent. Maybe I should be wishing I'd get fired, instead....

No comments: